We are looking to elevate our team with a hands-on Operations Team Leader responsible for leading the operational performance of the industrial products group. The primary goal is to foster a metrics driven, empowered team-work environment with streamlined activities that enable and encourage team members to work more effectively.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Supervision (4 associates)
- Purchasing / Inventory / Warehouse & Showroom / Order Processing / Order Fulfillment
- Logistics (Inbound and Outbound )
- Status Reporting (Supplier Delivery / Back order / Revenue projected / On-Time Delivery)
- Quality Control (Incoming from suppliers / Outgoing to customers)
- Technical Support & Service
- Facilities Management
Typical activities include:
- Overseeing order processing (received, processed and fulfilled timely & accurately)
- Managing and reporting back order status
- Communicating with product manufacturers, raw material & parts suppliers
- Purchasing raw materials, consumables, parts, equipment and supplies from key manufacturers
- Ensuring sufficient and appropriate inventory levels are maintained
- Unloading deliveries, checking products in and working with quality control
- Overseeing product labeling and product inventory adjustments
- Coordinating freight shipments, including bidding out freight quotes
- Preparing and loading outgoing shipments, including oversight / completion of documents
- Providing technical support & service to Sales, Admin. and Customers
- Managing quality control process for inbound and outbound products
- Assembling and trouble-shooting equipment / systems
- Assessing, processing, facilitating and fulfilling service requests
- Communicating with customers, providing technical guidance & training on the proper use of supplies and equipment
- Maintaining operational showroom and lab space, including setup, layout and display of instruments and equipment (as necessary)
- Conducting proof of concept trials for customers (i.e., Cutting, Mounting, Polishing, Measuring, Photographing customer samples etc.)
- Managing third party service providers (Landscaping, snow removal, building maintenance etc.)
- Other duties and responsibilities to be assigned, as required, at the discretion of management
The position will require occasional on-site customer support and ongoing collaboration with sales engineers and upper management, as well as assistance with industry tradeshows or conferences. Some travel is expected, the volume and frequency of which will be determined as a function of customer needs.
The ideal person in this position is expected to help evolve the role and operational performance over time, including:
- Establishing additional clarity and definition around position activities and expectations.
- Reviewing and implementing standard operating procedures
- Providing ongoing insights, suggestions and recommendations for the position and related roles and activities
- Identifying and conducting educational, training and mentoring opportunities to build knowledge and expertise among associates
- Becoming subject knowledge expert and technical leader
- Participating in / leading Continuous Improvement (CI) events
- Evaluating and recommending systems improvements
Excel Technologies, Inc. / Extec Corp. is a premier distributor of metallurgical sample preparation equipment and supplies, complemented by its global leadership role as a Nikon optical inspection, analysis and measurement systems distributor and installer. Our passion is to empower customers to understand their materials by delivering the industry’s most comprehensive suite of products and services for materials preparation, inspection, measuring and analysis.
As a family-run business of over 50 years, Excel remains invested in yesterday, today and tomorrow. Our experience, stability and growth are rooted in maintaining unparalleled attention to detail and consistently working to exceed expectations. Like a family, our success starts and ends with building and fostering relationships through effective, ongoing communication and collaboration.